ACA Foundation Corporate Sponsorship Guidelines – 2018/2019 ACAF Grant Application
ACA Foundation grants are grouped in two broad categories; Traditional Grants and Technical Assistance Grants.
Traditional Grants Overview
ACA Foundation is committed to creating a community of like-minded high impact organizations as partners. As a business, we are passionate about creating enabling business environment in the countries we operate in. Our areas of focus are as follows:
We partner with organizations with initiatives directly focused on any of the three areas highlighted above, with operations in Nigeria. If your NGO fits into any of the three areas, please see guidelines below for more information.
- Requests will only be considered from registered non-profit organizations based in Nigeria.
- The organization’s initiatives must align with ACAF’s mission in any of these three broad areas; Ethics, Entrepreneurship and Governance.
Technical Assistance Grants Overview
Recently introduced, this scheme is focused on supporting specific high-impact tech developments/start-ups in Nigeria. These grants will be channeled through VCs and incubators to deserving “startups”, with a capacity to solve critical problems and make a sustainable impact.
Please see guidelines below for more information.
- Establish a strong proof of concept
- Demonstrate commercial viability over the long run
- Have a dedicated management team that has spent at least 6 months working on the business/project
- Be technology enabled
- Product must be scalable – the company’s potential customer base must be at least 2.5% of the Nigerian population (4.5 million people)
- VCs should have invested in these startups already and be ready to recommend them as recipients.
How to apply
- Applications by Email (for now)
For Traditional grants, send an email addressed to email@example.com with the subject line: “Sponsorship Request- 2018/2019 ACAF Grant Application”
For Technical Assistance grants, send an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Sponsorship Request- 2018/2019 ACAF Grant Application”
Attach a letter (as a word document or pdf) with your organizations letterhead, which includes your address, and is signed by minimum of an executive director of the organization. The letter from the requesting organization must include all of the following information to be considered:
- The organization’s registered name, number, and its mission
- The current list of your board of directors and their affiliations.
- The project/ program to which you are applying, and how it fits into the mission and values of ACAF
- The reach, target market and metrics of impact so far
- Other projects and grants sponsorship/ donations that you have received in the past.
- A description of your project with the name, date, time and location, and the total proposed budget for its execution.
- The amount of support requested from ACAF
- Contact name, phone number and email address.
Please attach sponsorship letters (or fliers from your organization) for our reference.
Requests must be received by November 21, 2018.
Shortlisted applicants will receive a follow-up call and email, notifying them of the success of their applications.
For further information about the grant application process, please send an email to email@example.com or call 014662000.